Thursday, December 29, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I know that my greetings are really late, and I have tons to blog about.  I have been really busy with work lately and with the 4th birthday of the little one coming really soon - I'm almost choking!

I had to work on the 24th so I had literally no time to help prepare the Noche Buena feast.  We mainly had take outs and cooked some of the traditional food.  We had chicken, cheesy garlic potatoes as side dish, mom baked crema de fruta and cooked baked spaghetti.  All the other food were ordered from nearby restaurants.  Thank God that the mall is open until 7 PM that day, and it's only 10 minutes away from our house -convenience at its highest!

Raven stayed awake the whole day and did not even take a nap so I had to have him open the gifts early.  Indeed it was super early - like 7 in the evening.  I did this because I know that he will be so grumpy by midnight, and I will not be able to take decent pictures of him opening the gifts.  I need good pictures since I create an online album yearly to thank those people who gave gifts and well wishes during the Christmas season.  Needless to say, the photo op was a success and he smiled all the way.  He received 21 gifts from us, relatives and friends.  He was dead tired after opening and tinkering with all the loot, he was already asleep at about 8:00 PM.  Too bad we didn't have the chance to attend the midnight mass.

Here are some of the pictures of the little one with his Christmas loot.  You might be surprised that most of the gifts were clothes.  Well, we requested for it since we are stuffed to our knees with toys.  We don't have much storage space, and we all know that closet space is easier to find since kids outgrow clothes very fast.





No comments:

Post a Comment