Saturday, July 16, 2011

Prayer for Sick Children

We just got home from the Dr. Delfin Cua's clinic.  He is Raven's pediatrician.  He is wheezing and coughing for 3 days now, and has slight fever.  I don't usually bring my kid to the doctor for every cold or cough he catches, but my mother's instinct tells me that there is something wrong.


The diagnosis is simple, the coughing and the fever may lead to bronchitis if it was not diagnosed early enough.  I am so glad I followed my gut feeling!  He was given an antibiotic, antihistamine for the colds, steroids for the allergic rhinitis and an expectorant for the cough.  Buying all the medicine is easy, the hard part is how to convice a three year old to take all of it 3x a day! I knew it when I first glanced at the prescription that Raven and I will fight over it.  I just wish that he will understand that these awful tasting things will make him feel better.
Just like an ordinary mom, I feel helpless when my kid is sick.  I turn to God for moments like this.  Here's a little prayer for sick children.  I hope that you take time to include all the sick children in the world in your prayers.  I am sure that their moms will appreciate it.

Lord, you love our child as You love all children,
Bring healing to our child who is not well.
Stay by his side and comfort him through this trying time.
Keep us ever mindful of Your loving presence
Bless us with Your powerful healing and comfort us also.
Thank You for hearing our prayer!

1 comment:

  1. Anong oras at araw po sched ni dr cua sa rojas clinic ?

    ReplyDelete